Thursday, November 16, 2006

Redha

I almost cried when I was on my way to work last Monday. I felt clueless, bored, hate myself for having to do the same routine every Monday to Friday. Furthermore, I felt like my current job is not a value-added job, not interesting and blah blah blah....(all the grievances).

Life is about making choices, so why am I here, why do I have to come to work? I keep on questioning myself as though I did know the answers. I knew the answers. I, precisely, deeply knew all the answers and I am fully aware...

Remember that Milli Vanilli (do I get the name correct?) song?

Blame it on the rain yeah yeah...whatever you do, don't put the blame on you...just blame it on the rain yeah yeah....

Something wrong with the lyrics but don't bother, the main point is "blame it on the rain". Although I fully understand and aware why I am here, why I have to do the routine job, still I blame it on the rain and not myself instead. Hahaha….as if the rain running my life :-( The “rain” here is my job. I blame it on my job and not me myself. Hmmmm…..sounds familiar? It is often and very easy for you to blame on others instead of yourself, although the main actor here is you. Yes, under certain circumstances “others” are applicable but a lot of time, is only “you”. You have to be responsible for the things that you have chosen. You are responsible on your own life; of course, this is common sense. But I felt, along the way in life, the common sense seems to be drifted, left behind.

And that is what happened to me on last Monday morning. I knew, I have a dream and my lifepartner have the same dream. We have common goals and we are heading towards it. We plan, we put effort and Allah S.A.W will then decide what is best for us. And when we “redha” with what He has decided best for us, nothing else will matter!!

No comments: