Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Looking at the bright side

This short article is wrote in Dec 2005 for Komuniti OKU.

Looking at the bright side!


Last Saturday, I've spent a day at St Nicholas, Penang. A place which are
now specialize for the multiple disabilities children. It was fun! I and my
family, enjoyed every single moments. Many thanks to the teachers,
organizers and of course, to those whom funded the program. I wished that
one day I'll be able to organize and fund such program too....hahaha...may
my dream comes true!

Okay, let's look at the bright side...

When I was there, I've seen many children and their families with different
stories. The true story of life, the story of disabilities, of love,
passion. A few of them are only blind and many of them having more than one
disability. Parents with a visual impaired child will surely be grateful
when they looked at those children who are deaf-blind. So, if you are blind
compared to the deaf-blind, do you consider your ability to hear as a
special gift or you are very busy complaining about your blindness until you
forget to appreciate and make full use of what you have?

There are also parents, with only one child, and their only child, is a
multiple disable child. So, to the parents who got many normal kids and only
one disable kid, do you consider your normal child as a precious gift or you
often felt unfortunate because of having one disable kid?

I've met Celvi too! A deaf-blind child, about 8 or 9 years old. Celvi was
adopted by St Nicholas. Before this, she stayed at the welfare home at Bukit
Mertajam if I'm not mistaken. So, Celvi is an orphan, no parents.
Hmmmmm......She's a multiple disable child, she got no parents. I told
myself, what could be worse! So, whether you are normal or a disable, do you
appreciate your parents? Your parents might not be perfect, not the kind of
parents that you wished to have, but still they are your parents and nothing
will change that.

So, let's look at the bright side.

Often in life, things happened not the way we want it to be, not according
to our desire. So, be tough, feed your mind, be mentally and emotionally
prepared. And looked down to the people below you. There are many obstacles
in life, so we need to learn to tackle the obstacle, to choose how to
response to it, the response that will benefit you most!

No comments: