Friday, January 4, 2013

Transform Transformers Transformation

Recently, I thought a lot on transformation. How to transform and why do we need transformation? Transformation means a complete change in someone or something.


I remembered being a leader in a transformation team. It is a small team, about 10 members from different departments in the company. As we all knew, is it not easy to lead people, and hence leading a transformation team is even more challenging because you want them to do it voluntarily because in the organization chart, you are not their boss, so how to get them to listen, not do yet…just listen. And of course, you can’t simply give order, you need to do more than that...you need to capture the heart, you need to inspire...I knew it was not an easy task...


However, when, I was first given the task, I am more excited than afraid to do it. I was so excited to take up the challenge and instantly become very busy, figuring how to perform the task and how to inspire my team to trust in my lead and move towards, transformation. Therefore, my first words to the group was that,


I strongly believe in the idea of this transformation and


I believed that we can make a different and


together we can improve this working environment and


hence, make it a fantastic, fun place that will resulted with us, coming to work with a smile and not a frown


I was not sure on whether these messages are well accepted by my team but seeing on how we committed ourselves to the projects, with all the teamwork, effort and happy faces, I believed we shared the mutual understanding on what we wanted to achieve, we believed that we can do it and we trust each other.


Of course there are parasites in the group. There are peoples, that when they came to the meetings, they shared the negative ions in the air...you can’t avoid this…..what you can do is, don’t let them talk, so that they can’t spread the negativity and simply ignore them. As parasites under the human skin...they will surely get the message.



Along the way of experiencing leadership and being with this group of people, I discovered that transformation is not so difficult and doable...although the results may took years...



Why? I wondered...Then, I came to the conclusion that it work because we believed in it. Thus, when I shared my inspiration, it works with my team members as well.
Hence, the number 1 element that you shall need to transform is, to believe in it. Once you believed in it, you will get the aura and when you inspire others, with the idea of transformation, it can be clearly seen in your way, in your words, in your action. Seeing your passion in what you believed will inspire others.


Therefore, any person, any company, any organization can transform and move towards excellence. All we need to do is to believe that we can do it and as Steven R. Covey used to said, to begin with the end mind. Clearly knew what we want and strongly believe that we can do it, and of course aligning heart, mind and effort in order to be consistent and persistence towards the goal...nothing can stop you from transformation. For transformation leaders, I believed, the most important and first thing to do, is to inspire trust.


Happy transform!! I am still learning and moving towards transformation of myself, to be a better me everyday...and still struggling...along the way, you may get de-motivated, frustrated and was wondering on when will you, be fully transform...don’t worry, enjoy the journey...remember...success is a journey, not a destination!!



Suddenly, I thought of bumble bee...I wish I could transform like that :)






1 comment:

Fazira Albaijure said...

inspiring entry :) gudluck to us ;P