Friday, June 24, 2011

Hobby = No Oscar = Yes



I now have a new hobby, visiting Korea and being with Oscar. Every day, I see Oscar. I listen to Oscar. And as a result, I am addicted to Oscar. I think I really like him, for now. However, then I came to realize, hobby by definition from the mobile dictionary is something a person enjoys doing (usually / frequently) in his / her spare time and not for pay. Not for pay is correct, Oscar did not pay me to listen or to see him every day. Unfortunately, doing it in his / her spare time is incorrect. I see him all the time. Hence, I am confused. I am confused on 2 things, is this a hobby and why do I have so much of spare time. Why is my time are now all spare? See....confused already.

Well, although I am confused, I am not that clueless. In fact, I am so aware of the time spending attitude and behavior that I am behaving now. In short, this is not a hobby, this is called wasting time. OMG...

In the earlier phase of my life, wasting time is the least activity that I’ve done. I am sure of this since, I am very busy doing the time management things to make sure I’ve done and successfully completed my tasks.

In my school years, I love reading storybooks even though I spend less time reading school textbooks :) And during school holidays, I was busy helping mom selling nasi lemak and after that, as usual basuh pinggan.

In the university years, I am busy coping with studies and being in love. Totally, no wasting time activities. Being in love is not under the category of wasting time. Being in love is under the category of fulfilling the nature’s law :) while investing for future and lifelong partnership.

In my early work life, I am at the busiest. Coping with work, with family. Only 2 items but so complicated. At work, I need to carefully do the time management or else will be working like 24 hours. You have a long list of things to do and less time to do it. And some more under high pressure as all the things to be done quick, complete, meticulously and of course you have to ensure that the results is excellent. During these years, I think I cried a lot. I have hard time, coping with a hectic workplace and coping with my partner. Well, you know the-aligning-values-expectations-hope-with-a-new-too-close-intimate-living-thing-on-earth = husband. Those years are really challenging. And those years are the precious years that I think I have learnt the most. No regrets.

Okay, let’s not continue pushing the reverse button. Now, I have lots of time. Since it is a lot, wasting some of it will not be hazardous, isn’t? But the problem now arise as I am not wasting some of it, I am wasting a lot of it. Minna-san (frens), I am aware of this and still looking for corrective action. Thus, today, I am proudly announcing (as if this is something to be brag about !!) that I am issuing myself a corrective action request. The non conformity in the corrective action request written as

“Failure to make full use of time. Current time spending is not acceptable and not beneficial to own self development , family and organization. The failure may resulted with shrinkage of mind, as the food for mind is now only Korea and Oscar.”

In a system that I comply and apply previously, once corrective action is issued, the person receiving the corrective action request shall have 7 days to answer and reply. So, I have 7 days to put a corrective and preventive actions plan and to ensure that the nonconformity will not re-occur. Good luck to me!!

Note: Tall + rich + handsome = Oscar

No comments: